I am very thankful for all the blessings I have been given. However, I don’t want to view myself as lucky. Sure, there’s always a possibility of winning the lottery jackpot, but you just can’t really depend on approaches where you’re supposed to get rich quickly and easily.
Being successful isn’t all about luck. In achieving the things you want in life, luck makes up only 1% of the total number of successes to achieve. The rest of the 99% comes from hard work and the time you invested in the things that really matter.
In my experience, I have learned that investing in connections with other people is valuable since it allows us to uncover new opportunities. It’s for this reason that connections matter in life. Whether you are a real estate investor, a teacher, or a college student, we always need to form strong relationships with others. This is because we just can’t face the challenges of life alone. We need partners and mentors who can teach us the way towards greater things in life.
One thing’s for sure, having connections can come in handy when you are planning for an idea that benefits you and everyone else.
So, start building connections! Here are a few simple tips to get you started.
1. Go where other people go
It’s always a great idea to go where people meet each other to discuss valuable insights and issues. You can join local investment clubs or go to events related to the things that you are most passionate about. That way, you can find people who can be your valuable partners in the future.
2. Keep an open mind
You don’t have to be sociable in order to build connections. I have known a lot of people who are shy but were still able to build valuable relationships. Sure enough, people are more interested in you if you show that you are interested in them as well. Keeping an open mind can go a long way, so show that you are happy to connect with others and build strong bonds from there.
3. Show empathy
Technology has made it easier to get information about a lot of things. However, the convenience we get from using social media and other tools has reduced the quality of the relationships we share. In this day and age of instant communication, it pays to be empathetic towards other people. Visualizing yourself in their shoes is one way for you to understand their needs. That way, you can connect instantly with other people and show how valuable they are to you.
4. Maintain a positive attitude
Don’t be scared when you are meeting people for the first time. It’s normal to feel intimidated but we have to realize that we can’t be successful if we always let our fears stop us on our tracks. Don’t think about whether you are likable. Your validation comes from the way you view things from your perspective, so being negative all the time won’t do any help. Instead, be positive and think about what you are going to accomplish. Never let negative thoughts pull you down. Instead, be happy for what you have and don’t let your fears dictate your life.
Connections are important in life. That being said, I hope that you can use the approaches to start building valuable relationships in your personal life as well as in business!