The Real Estate Way to Wealth and Freedom By Jacob Ayers
There’s a reason Vinney’s nickname is “Mr. Smiles,” which is evident even through just hearing the demeanor in his voice throughout this show! He has always believed in individuals’ ability to shape the world around them through positive thought and selfless actions, and he has been a passionate motivational speaker and teacher for over three decades.
Vinney Chopra came to the United States more than 40 years ago with $7 in his pocket. After earning a Mechanical Engineering degree and an MBA, Vinney decided to leave that world and become a motivational speaker and fundraiser.
Vinney earned his real estate broker’s license and has dedicated his career not only to mastering the field of fundraising and motivation through speaking engagements and the art of building wealth through real estate investing, but more importantly, to sharing that knowledge and expertise – and his passion for doing good – with others.
Vinney turned his attention to multifamily investing and syndication a few years after becoming an active commercial real estate broker in California in 2004. He and his team have built his business from the ground up, learning effective techniques, ideas and concepts and putting them into action. He has done 26 syndications – 12 of them in the last 24 months – and now is able to raise $5 million to $10 million for his offerings in only a few days, in many cases. He is a systems guru (in the best sense of that term!), having designed proven systems of underwriting, acquisition, team building, presenting, syndication and management of multifamily investment properties. Vinney’s companies have controlled more than $172 million in multifamily assets.
- Scaling through multifamily properties
- How Vinney underwrites deals – 12.5% CoC, 6%+ CAP Rate
- Non-refundable “hard” deposits
- Raising $6M in two days
- What was your biggest hurdle getting started in real estate investing, and how did you overcome it?
- No one would give Vinney money. He had to use seller financing.
- Do you have a personal habit that contributes to your success.
- Vinney doesn’t remember negative things at all! Vinney compartmentalize his tasks and focus solely one the task at hand. It goes without saying that Vinney attributes his success to his attitude.
- Do you have an online resource that you find valuable?
- Google and Youtube
- Online coaching – Brandon.com
- What book would you recommend to the listeners and why?
- The Power of Now – by Eckhart Tolle
- If you were to give advice to your 20 year old self to get started in real estate investing, what would it be?
- Get into a small multifamily asap!
SignEasy – eSignatures for your everyday business needs. Sign contracts, invoices, quotes, agreements, and other important documents in minutes, hassle-free.